The Benefits of Video Marketing
Now that you have a better idea as to what video marketing is, let’s take a look at the benefits in more depth.
We’ll look at how exactly video benefits your business, and tips on how to get in on the action but first though, here are some interesting statistics on video.
- YouTube is the second most popular search engine, right after Google, which of course owns YouTube.
- YouTube gets more than 4 billion views per day
- Over 80% of marketing executives include video content on their marketing strategies
- Online video accounts for more than 50% of all mobile traffic
- Just about everyone watches online video everyday
Looking at these statistics, you can see why video content is such a crucial element of your marketing efforts. Let’s look at some other ways online video benefits both large and small businesses:
- Video is easily searchable. Consumers are always looking for products and services. Where do they look? More than likely, they conduct an online search. Search results can be affected by your social media presence, where your official social network pages act as an entry point to your website. YouTube is the second most widely used search engine and popular videos get high rankings on Google rankings. Other elements such as graphics, photos, Twitter, LinkedIn and other similar networks are also searchable but you’ll have more customers coming in from your YouTube videos.
- Video makes it easier to share your brand or service. About 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter every minute. This can make or break your business, depending on viewer sentiment. Video sharing is an integral part of social media and this can have a tremendous impact on your brand’s visibility if used properly. Majority of the videos shared from YouTube are short, fun and informative; and they pull in droves of web traffic to the respective websites, leading to growth.
- It levels the playing field. Traditional TV advertising is very expensive; which is why it is reserved for the larger more established companies or organizations. But online video can be accessed and used by anyone, regardless of the size of their marketing budget. The trick is to be more creative and target your audience more specifically.
- Real-time feedback and interaction. A lot of people leave comments on videos, which is an excellent way to learn more about your consumers. When you create videos that captivate and present the viewers an interactive platform to post views or comments, you’re basically giving the consumers a voice; allowing them to pinpoint specific areas of your business that require improvement. In the process you gain a lot of useful information about tastes, likes and preferences, and you learn to engage with your audience.
- Video is easily measurable. Analytics exist in the form of simple tools you can access online and they do a great job of measuring every aspect of the video marketing campaign. You need to know which videos are getting good views, which aren’t and how the views translate into new customers. There are dozens of nifty tools available for measuring video analytics and they should help you get a more accurate report on the performance of each video.
- Videos don’t expire. The videos you upload on YouTube will play a part on your marketing strategy for a much longer time than other forms of content.
- Video is always one click away from the BUY button. 34% of apparel shoppers are likely to purchases after viewing an ad online: only about 16% of consumers make a purchase after watching an ad on TV. When properly set up, online video allows a consumers to quickly access your product or service by following links to your website or sales page, where they can make a purchase. TV viewers typically have to log on to the site using a separate device in order to make a purchase, which undermines the effectiveness of TV adverting in relation to online video.
- Videos engage with your audience. When a consumer stops by your website and watches a video they usually stay a little longer than intended, which is one of the main reasons video is used in every part of the marketing campaign. Every video on your website should captivate the viewer and have them spend more on your services or products. Even simple ‘how to’ videos can have a great impact on sales provided you keep the content customer oriented.
- Video is about selling. Or at least it should be. Far too many people miss out on opportunities by uploading videos that are either so boring they put the customer to sleep, or ones that are so vague they leave the customer completely confused. Another interesting scenario is where marketers focus so much on creating entertaining videos that ultimately they miss the bottom line. Remember you’re trying to sell, don’t focus entirely on entertainment, and instead try to communicate clearly, and make sure the customers know exactly what they’re support to purchase and how.
Mobile video brings with it more opportunities for short, funny videos to advertise their products. 30-second mobile videos have an 83 completion rate according to Rhythm Insights. More involvement has to be centered on mobile video so you can find new ways to get people talking, sharing, and more importantly, buying your products.
Hopefully, you can see why your business needs to embrace video marketing. It is a very powerful marketing tool. Faster Internet speeds, and faster lives in general, mean that video is one of the dominant ways in which people want to digest information, whether that be on a desktop, tablet or mobile device.
Using the power of video in conjunction with other social media outlets to show your business off to the world has countless benefits and will have a huge impact on your online sales.
If this is a marketing strategy that you think will work well for your business why not contact us and see how we can help you to create a profitable video marketing campaign.